1. PRELIMINARY REMARKS
Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, terms starting with a capital letter have the meaning given to them in the general conditions.
Website : www.Petsdirectory.net
Facebook Page : Pets Directory
Instagram Account : Pets Directory
Linkedin Page : Pets Directory
2. MEANING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes of this policy, "Personal information" is all information which relates to an individual and makes it possible to identify him.
Pets directory* undertakes to comply, by the implementation of this Policy, with the provisions of the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Quebec, c. P- 39.1) in relation to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information.
By providing personal information to Pets directory* or its agents, you agree that we may collect, use or disclose this personal information in accordance with this policy, the privacy preferences you we have indicated and as authorized or required by law.
Except as otherwise expressly permitted by law, Pets directory* will not use or disclose your personal information to anyone except to the extent provided in this policy.
5. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, Pets directory* may ask you to provide certain personal information, whether, for example, when you register for the website, in a contest or when you post comments on the website. You are free to choose whether or not to provide any personal information at any time. In case of refusal, you will nevertheless have access to most of the websites. However, you will not be able to access the sections that require you to provide such personal information.
The personal information that you provide will be used primarily for the following purposes, in addition to the purposes expressly designated at the time of entry:
1. Help Pets directory* to ensure the relevance of the website by adapting the content to your personal needs;
2. Help Pets directory* to assess and improve the website;
3. Optimize your customer experience in the context of your use of the website;
4. Complete a transaction initiated via the website;
5. Provide after-sales service following a completed transaction via the website;
6. Allow your registration to the website and your identification thereafter;
7. Allow you to identify with the content of the users that you will publish on the websites;
8. Inform you of any fact or event likely to interest you;
9. Allow you to target your tastes and interests in order to offer you advertisements likely to interest you;
10. Subscribe, upon request, to our mailing list and to our various contests and promotions;
11. Allow you to take full advantage of the features and services offered on the website;
12. Allow you to receive notifications, updates, alerts or other forms of communications from us relating to the website.
Information relating to natural and legal persons is collected via forms completed by customers.
6. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Pets directory* may share some of your personal information when necessary to provide you with the services you expect and are entitled to.
Although it cannot be held responsible, Pets directory* undertakes to take the means reasonably necessary so that the personal information shared with third parties is kept in accordance with this Policy.
In this way, we may share your personal information with the following people in the circumstances listed below:
(a) Communications to service providers
We may share your personal information with other companies that provide services on our behalf or on our behalf. In addition, we may share your personal information with an organization or an individual whose services have been retained by Pets directory* in order to assess your creditworthiness or collect unpaid claims against a account, or to our auditors. We will only provide these companies with the information they need to provide the service and they are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
As a guide, Pets directory* shares certain personal information with its service providers, in particular in the following cases:
• For the display of targeted advertisements on the website or within products offered by Pets directory*, such as newsletters.
• Management of subscribed companies
• The www.petsdirectory.net site is made via the site developed by the company SCWEB DESIGN. To facilitate and speed up the subscription process, Pets directory* may share some of your personal information to the host of our site.
• Payments for your online purchases made via the website are processed by the Stripe secure payment system. The information transmitted is that which is essential for the processing of your payment. Your credit card number is only used for transactions you make on the website. It is not accessible from the Pets Directory*, or anyone else at the time of the transaction, other than the Stripe online payment service. All personal information transmitted at the time of your order, including your credit card number, in addition to remaining strictly confidential, is encrypted so that it cannot be intercepted. A small locked padlock appearing at the bottom of the browser window as well as the URL address starting with "https: //" rather than "http: //" indicates that the page on which you carry out your transactions is protected by the protocol. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
(b) Communication to members of our group and to our functional units
We may share your personal information with any of the companies and business units that are part of the Pets Directory* to better serve you and provide you with information about our group's products and services.
(c) Communication in the context of activity transfers
Pets Directory* can participate in the sale or transfer of part or all of its activities. As part of this sale or transfer, Pets Directory* may share your personal information with the purchasing organization, but will require the purchasing organization to agree to protect the confidentiality of your personal information from in a manner consistent with this policy.
(d) Law enforcement and communication under law
Pets Directory* may share your personal information with a government agency that has asserted its legitimate authority to obtain the information or where Pets Directory* has reasonable grounds to believe that the information could be useful in investigating unlawful activity, or in complying with a subpoena, warrant or order of a competent court, person or body requiring the submission of information, or in complying with a court decision regarding the submission of information records. Pets Directory* may also share your personal information with its legal counsel.
7. NAVIGATION INFORMATION
Navigation information is used, among other things, to measure the interest and use made by internet users of certain parts of the website and the subscription section, as well as the effectiveness of certain promotional programs administered by or for the account of Pets Directory*. This information cannot identify you; it is rather statistical data as to the duration of the visit, the pages viewed, the order in which the pages were visited, etc.
8. FACEBOOK CONNECT
When you use Facebook Connect, your Facebook profile, your public data and, if applicable, other information which you have then expressly agreed to share with Pets Directory*, available on Facebook, are transferred from Facebook to Pets Directory* in order to ensure your registration to the website as well as your full access to its functions.
By connecting via Facebook Connect, you authorize the transfer of the data mentioned above from your Facebook profile to Pets Directory*. If you refuse this data transfer, please create an account on the website without using the Facebook Connect service.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pets Directory* undertakes to keep your personal information only for the time necessary to fulfill the objectives identified in this Policy as well as as long as your user account exists.
When a user account is closed or when a transaction initiated via the website is completed, part of the personal information linked to this user account or to the client could be kept in our files. This Policy applies to the personal information of our former users and customers and we take the same care and precautions with regard to them as with that of our current users and customers.
In addition, Pets Directory* may, if necessary, keep personal information linked to a given user account or to a former customer even after the given user account has been closed or the transaction initiated via the website has been completed, in order to (i) fulfill any legal obligation which may be imposed on it by law or otherwise, (ii) resolve any dispute, (iii) prevent any fraud or abuse or (iv) apply this Policy or the general conditions.
10. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is only accessible by employees and members of our organization for whom such access is necessary in order to perform their obligations.
11. ACCESS TO YOUR FILE
At any time, you can request Pets Directory* to provide you with a list of the personal information it holds that concerns you and, if applicable, to notify you if your personal information has been have been communicated to third parties (your "File"). Access to your file is free. However, reasonable fees may be required if you request the transcription, reproduction or transmission of your file. We will notify you in advance, if applicable, if fees may apply to your request.
12. ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provide to Pets Directory* should be as complete, accurate and up to date as possible.
You can at any time request that your file be updated to correct any errors or supplement any personal information therein. In addition, you can request that any personal information that has become obsolete or irrelevant for the purposes of achieving the objectives described in this Policy be deleted from your file. To do this, you can get in touch with us.
Pets Directory* may modify this Policy at any time and at its sole discretion. We will notify you by posting the amended version of the Policy, which therefore becomes effective, on this page.
Despite the above, Pets Directory* will notify users of any policy changes at least 30 days before it takes effect. If you do not agree with one or more of the changes to the Policy, then you must cease all use of the website and, if necessary, close your user account. Continuing to use the websites or not closing your user account after Pets Directory* has published the changes will constitute your acceptance of the changes to the Policy.
* Pets Directory is the trade name representing the company Pets Directory – the Directory for animals by Emilie Fracheboud. In this document, the commercial name of Pets Directory is written in order to facilitate reading. But it always refers to the full name.